There are plentiful ways to get involved and volunteer in Osceola County. Whether you have wish to join service groups, join local boards or volunteer on an intermittent basis, the options are unlimited! Did we miss some volunteer opportunities? Contact us and let us know details for how potential volunteers can find you.
- Hawkeye Point: from the very beginning, the development of Hawkeye Point has been a volunteer effort. Dedicated volunteers have helped complete significant upgrades during the past 12 years. More volunteers are always welcome. If interested please contact the Osceola County Economic Development Commission at 712-754-2523. Facebook page.
- Sibley Fire and Rescue: founded in 1872, the primary mission of the Sibley Volunteer Fire and Rescue Department is to provide a range of programs designed to protect lives and property from fire and other emergencies or dangerous conditions created by man or nature. It is also its mission to promote through education prevention of such emergencies. Call (712) 754-2541. Facebook page.
- Osceola County Ambulance Service: Provides safest and most efficient emergency services to our county and surrounding citizens, and maintains the quality of care by coordinating all initial and continuing education for all EMS providers to enhance their lifesaving skills. Interested volunteers can call Sande Smith on (712) 754-4130.
- Osceola County ISU Extension: Iowa 4-H needs many volunteers who are willing to share creative ideas, time, talent, and skills to support youth at the community, county, and state level. Are you curious about volunteering for 4-H? Check out our orientation videos and other volunteer support resources found on the website. The local community garden is another opportunity for volunteerism through ISU Extension. Website.
- Sibley Care Initiatives: Volunteer opportunities include assisting with activities, including bingo. Website.
- Bright Beginnings: Volunteers are critical to the success of New Beginnings. Please call 712-754-9997. Website.
- New Beginnings: New Beginnings is a second hand thrift store in Downtown Sibley that sells gently-used clothing, furniture, and household goods. The store is run by volunteers from the community If you are interested in volunteering, please call 712-754-9997. Website.
- Osceola Recreational Trails Association: Experience Sibley through a trail system that meanders through the city, connecting our neighborhoods to schools, parks, ballfields, pool, library, hospital, nursing homes, retail and restaurants: the path circles along the outskirts, providing a safe and recreational amenity for the citizens and guests of the City of Sibley. Donations and volunteers are always welcome! Facebook page.
- Sibley Chamber of Commerce: The Sibley Chamber runs a range of events through the year. Call (712) 754-3212. Website.
- Upper Des Moines Opportunity: Volunteers are a vital part of communities throughout the nation. We may see volunteers serving on boards, providing extra support to staff in outreach centers or Head Start classrooms, participating in fundraising efforts, providing supplies and donations, or participating in unique community-based programming. If you would like to partner with us by volunteering, contact UDMO's central office at (800) 245-6151 or visit any of our program or Outreach Service web pages for a specific program contact. http://www.udmo.com/Osceola.htm
- Red Cross – Greater Iowa Region: The American Red Cross relies on volunteers to help us with our mission of relieving human suffering by preventing, preparing for and responding to emergencies. The American Red Cross, Greater Iowa Region processes all volunteer applications and conducts volunteer training throughout Central, Eastern, and Northwest Iowa. Website.
- Community Blood Bank: Current volunteering options may include welcoming and assisting donors at blood drives, serving refreshments to blood donors and providing hospitality or logistical support at special events. For more information on becoming a volunteer with The Community Blood Center, please call the Volunteer Coordinator at (800) 280-4102. Website.
Local Service Groups: