Daycare Resources - Help for parents
921 1st St NE
Sibley, Iowa, 51249-1447
Phone: 712 754-2166
Bright Beginnings of Osceola County
Bright Beginnings of Osceola County provides day care for children six weeks through 12 years of age. The center is open Monday through Friday from 6am-6pm year round. In addition to providing day care, the center offers nursery school and preschool for children ages 3-5.
Bright Beginnings works closely with the Sibley-Ocheyedan Schools, Sibley Public Library, Sibley Recreation Department, and local nursing homes to ensure that each child will grow physically, emotionally, and socially within the community. A weekly newsletter, parent group, and open communications are just a few of the ways Bright Beginnings ensures that parents can share in their child's day.
While some age groups may require a waiting list, other ages may not. Please call the center to find out availability! Need childcare for the summer? Bright Beginnings was developed as a service for working parents in our community.
- If you need childcare and cannot find a provider, please contact the Iowa Child Care Resource & Referral on 855-244-5301 to speak to a parent specialist. You can also check here for the DHS Childcare Availability tracking website.
- Reginaceli's Family Daycare is a Sibley-based child development home. Call (712)461-2254 to check on availability.
- Click HERE for info on 2021 Child Tax Credit and Advance Child Tax Credit Payments
- Early Childhood Iowa – Lakes Region provides services collaborative to families and children pre-birth through age five years for the purpose of improving the quality of life for families with children and the surrounding communities.
- Department of Human Services
- Choosing Child Care
- Information on types of child care programs in Iowa - www.dhs.iowa.gov/childcare/overview
- Parent’s Guide to Child Development Homes: Comm 469 - www.dhs.iowa.gov/sites/default/files/Comm469.pdf
- Iowa Child Care Resource and Referral-free child care referrals and information on how to choose quality child care - www.iowaccrr.org
- Who is caring for your child: A guide to choosing quality child care - https://iowaccrr.org/
- Child Care Assistance
- Child Care Assistance is available to the children of income-eligible parents who are absent for a portion of the day due to employment or participation in academic or vocational training or PROMISE JOBS activities.
- Assistance may also be available for a limited period of time to the children of a parent looking for employment.
- Choosing Child Care
Daycare Resources - starting your own!
Interested in opening a child care program? Get in touch with Iowa Child Care Resource & Referral!
Our local child care consultant can share insight into what requirements you will need to have.
Licensure & Registration
Iowa has three types of child care; licensed centers, registered child development home providers and child care home providers that are not registered.
- Licensed Centers - These are businesses that typically care for dozens of children. There are about 1,500 of them in Iowa. Use the “find childcare” tab to find a center near you. Centers are required to follow a long list of requirements and they receive at least one unannounced monitoring visit annually from DHS consultants. The most recent consultant report is located on each center’s listing.
- Child Development Homes - About 2,800 people provide regulated child care in their homes. Any person providing child care in their home can apply to be registered. Those serving more than 5 children are required to register. The Department seeks to visit all child development homes at least once per fiscal year.
- Child Care Homes - People who provide childcare in their own homes and who care for five or fewer children are not required to be registered but have the option to do so.
For additional information click here: Provider Child Care Requirements.
Other helpful resources:
- CPR/First Aid Training:
- Sibley Ambulance can do first aid CPR training for daycare providers. Providers can take the course on line and then test out the skill with Sibley Ambulance at a cost of $20.00 More info: Call Sande on 712-461-1283, or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Northwest Iowa Community College (NCC) also offers First a First Aid & CPR for Childcare Course.
- The Heartsaver Pediatric First Aid Course will teach rescuers the knowledge and psychomotor skills they’ll need to recognize emergencies at the work site and provide proper first aid. The training will center on bleeding, head injury, fainting, diabetes, heart attacks, burns, and other types of medical or trauma emergencies. The American Heart Association Curriculum includes video-based training for consistency among the training. This course also provides training on Adult and Pediatric CPR and AED. Fee: $50.
- For info, call Kevin Miller, Emergency Services Education Coordinator, Northwest Iowa Community College at 712-324-5061 (ext 231)